Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in Piscataway, New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Regional Property Manager for our New Jersey Properties
Job Description: Regional Manager of Residential Operations
Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Vice President, the Regional Manager provides supervision of the overall operations of each community in his/her portfolio with a clear understanding of the owner's objectives and the community's economic and physical requirements. Regional Managers will typically manage three to six communities depending on experience levels and the nature of each community. Makes decisions in order to achieve the overall objectives of the communities in his/her region. BA/BS degree preferred with multi-site property management experience. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must have ability to effectively manage employees, in addition to strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Computer literacy required. Travel required.
As our Regional Manager, you will be expected to manage a portfolio and motivate a sales/service team to strive to brand the Edgewood Properties name and live out our goal of providing “Excellence in Living”. Create and develop lasting relationships with vendors and staff, and enhance a system to maximize and achieve the highest Net Operating Income possible while maintaining a high level of customer service satisfaction. Essential role will be talent management; responsible for hiring and training of the on-site team including the Community Manager, Maintenance Manager, Leasing Manager, Leasing Consultant, Concierge and Maintenance Technician. The Regional Manager will control cost, maximize revenue and resident retention, develop relationships with all departments, vendors and contractors, and implement a competitive marketing strategy by working closely with the Director of Marketing.
The Key Responsibilities
- Work with the SVP and Community Managers to identify property goals and objectives and assist in execution of such goals
- Implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management procedures
- Work with Director of Marketing on sales/marketing plans and initiatives to drive qualified traffic to the communities
- Effectively maximize rental income which will result in high occupancy and competitive pricing through the leasing staff and personal efforts
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Conduct quarterly talent management discussions with the staff
- Conduct regular team meetings with the staff
- Train and motivate associates to achieve all sales and customer satisfaction goals
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure all aspects of the community looks good and is in compliance of our Neat, Clean and Working guidelines
- Maintain thorough product knowledge on all properties and that of major competition through site visits and market research
- Work with VP of Maintenance on all areas concerning the upkeep and maintenance of the portfolio and the apartment homes
- Make recommendations on Capital Expenditures and assist with obtaining bids as needed
- Make recommendations to SVP of Residential Operations on all pricing, concession and renewal strategies
- Collaborate with Lease Audit Team to ensure all paperwork and leases are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure all customer service decisions are aligned with our E.D.G.E customer service promise
- Attract and recruit high caliber talent so that there is always bench strength
- Enforce all established policies and procedures are within the Company’s guidelines
- Complete all other duties as required by SVP and or President of Edgewood Properties
- Possess knowledge and ability to apply general accounting functions
• Possess knowledge and ability to prepare community operating budgets and analyze financial statements
• Understanding of current legal responsibilities of the properties
• Exceptional organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Professional appearance and demeanor
- 2+ years of property management experience as a Multi-Site or Regional Manager
- Real page experience preferred
- BA in a related Business or Hospitality field
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.