Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Lifeguard for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with preferred industry experience.
The candidate will work seasonally at Sycamore Landing in Phillipsburg, NJ.
- Monitor the pools to ensure a safe environment is created for residents using the facilities.
- The pool will be open 7 days a week from 12PM – 8PM daily.
- A daily inspection will be made of the pool to check and clean the facilities.
- A general cleaning will be performed in the mornings prior to opening and in the evening after closing the water to swimmers.
- Vacuum and brush walls of the pool and clean waterline tiles prior to daily opening of the facility.
- Clean the area inside pool and enclosure to include wash down of the deck and all pool furniture if needed.
- Clean / maintain filter room as needed.
- Lifeguards will pick up and restock restrooms at times when it does not interfere with primary responsibilities.
- All testing of the water chemistry in accordance with the NJ Bather code and record all readings in the site log book.
- Organize the pool furniture throughout the day when the pool is not in use and at closing to ensure that the pool area maintains an orderly appearance.
- Lower umbrellas at closing and remove umbrellas and store in the filter room or guard house as required by weather conditions.
- Secure hoses and pool equipment.
- Clean skimmer baskets, pool pump filter baskets and backwash filters as needed.
- Provide courteous, reasonable and mature enforcement of written pool rules.
- Maintain a daily count of residents and guests who use the swimming facilities and record as part of the daily log.
- High School Diploma Preferred
- 1-3 years of previous work experience in a related field is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Life guard, American Red Cross, AED, CPR, etc. Certifications are required
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.