Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Director of Marketing
This position will be based out of our Corporate office in Piscataway, NJ
This important position will develop, promote and maintain strategies and execute tactics that communicate the Edgewood Properties brand message. The right candidate would work with the Senior Vice President of Residential Operations, Director of Sales and Marketing, Senior Vice President of Commercial Leasing and Marketing and other senior-level staff, managing multiple responsibilities in the Company’s marketing and promotional efforts for the apartment portfolio and for-sale division as required. The Director will oversee all communications, public relations and promotional activities selected to support the brand and marketing strategy for each of the apartment communities, for sale residential units and commercial properties in the Company’s portfolio.
Key responsibilities for Edgewood Properties including its partners and subsidiaries such as M&M Realty Partners, M&T Realty Partners, etc. (the “Company”) will include:
- Assist in the implementation of strategic marketing plans, programs and tactics.
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives;
- Obtain market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product; directing promotional support;
- Coordinate with out-sourced consultants and internal staff for development and production of advertising, signage, and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs;
- Plan and oversee events and promotional activities for both residential and commercial marketing campaigns;
- Update Digital Asset Management gallery with new media and ensure that content is updated in all consumer points of contact (website, advertising, email campaigns, etc.);
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with the Executive Team a social media strategy for the Company;
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities for our brand. Duties include creating an editorial calendar, outreach to local businesses, promotion of executives and corporate achievements, developing sweepstakes and contests, etc;
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Pinterest, Foursquare and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed;
- Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate;
- Develop innovative programs to increase positive sentiment online for the Company and its services;
- Oversee marketing materials & content prior to production;
- Prepare contracts, process and track invoice payments, and update budget expenditures;
- Interact and coordinate with other Vice Presidents, Project Managers and Community Managers;
- Coordinate and manage the production of in-house marketing materials;
- Develop new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources;
- Maintain research database by identifying and assembling marketing information;
- Provide marketing information by answering questions and requests;
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget as needed; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Complete marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results;
- Maintain marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees;
- Maintain marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Develop marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Quarterly site plan and brochure updates for all portfolio properties;
- ICSC preparation for the Company’s Commercial Division including all updates for property boards, brochures and site plans, exhibit set up and coordination of delivery, food services, etc.;
- Updating new site/sales/leasing plans including rendering same so that they are consistent with the Company’s standard theme for residential rental/sales, as well as commercial sites;
- Creating/updating/maintaining company booklets including property portfolio books;
- Preparing marketing collaterals for all sales meetings such as open houses, pre-opening events and portfolio reviews for the commercial team;
- Preparation and coordination of all E-Blast marketing campaigns;
- Updating the website for all residential and commercial interests;
- Media announcements for new development projects, grand opening events, lease signings (commercial) and other news-worthy events.
- Prior experience and knowledge of apartment marketing is highly preferred and experience marketing within the hospitality industries, residential sales and commercial shopping centers is considered an added bonus.
- Four-year college degree, Marketing emphasis preferred.
- Technical proficiency in a variety of software programs, including MS Office and those integral to desktop publishing and website maintenance.
Skills, attributes and additional requirements:
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment, and often under several supervisors.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills a must.
- Able to work effectively with a variety of external consultants, vendors, and suppliers.
- Must be able to multi-task and see projects through to completion.
- Occasional travel will be required.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness center, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.