Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Tenant Construction Coordinator for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in Piscataway, NJ.
- Monitor and track the exchanges of plans between landlord and tenant. Requires monitoring the plans from date received by landlord, review process, revisions and final approval to ensure critical dates are met.
- Track and monitor the progress of tenants obtaining permits in a timely manner, communicate any issues delaying the process and assist in resolving the issues.
- Obtain all pertinent documents from Tenant upon completion of their Permit Process and Fit-out; includes copies of permits, certificates of occupancy or continuation, etc.
- Conduct regular inspections of the properties and the progress of tenant fit-outs, including monitoring tenants, tenant’s contractor and construction progress; and provide any assistance that may be needed to ensure tenant stays on target to open timely.
- Work with and follow up with the tenants to ensure they switch the utilities upon date of possession to into their name.
- Work with Construction, Property Manager and Commercial Lease Administration to ensure critical dates are met for delivering tenant’s space in accordance to the Lease.
- Assist Project Managers on coordinating the delivery of the Demised Premises; including obtaining the Tenant’s Certificate of Insurance prior to delivery dates.
- Assist Property Manager with administering tenant move-ins for “As Is” deliveries.
- Assist Property Manager with move-outs; review and communicate lease termination provisions, and final inspections;
- Act as the information liaison between the Property Managers and Tenants.
- Work with property management on day-to-day operation of the property in accordance with policies/procedures, management agreements, and client needs as needed.
- Inform new tenants on building policies and procedures.
- At least a 2 year college degree
- At least 3 - 5 years Commercial Lease Administration experience
- Commercial Real Estate landlord side experience and development experience a plus
- Familiarity with Municipality Permitting Process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.