Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation to California. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current residential and commercial portfolios are expected to grow significantly over the next several years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership’s desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We’re currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our commercial, under construction, and residential real estate portfolio.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in Piscataway, NJ.
- Reconcile intercompany balances within the general ledger module.
- Prepare partnership billings on a quarterly basis.
- Record construction cost entries within the job cost module.
- Agree and reconcile bank reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Update the credit card allocation schedule monthly and record corresponding journal entry.
- Prepare sales tax schedules and file sales taxes online monthly.
- Reconcile AP balances to third party AR balances.
- Respond to audit confirmations from external third parties.
- Assist in responding to financial information requests from third parties.
- Review and coding of check requests or invoices.
- Assist in yearly cash flow projections
- Maintain and reconcile asset schedules to the general ledger:
- Prepaid insurance, fixed assets, deferred assets, and township escrows.
- Analytical review of trial balances for properties assigned
- Assist with proforma’s for financing as needed
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned by other accountants and/or CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is required
2+ years’ experience in public accounting or in private accounting for a real estate developer is preferred, but not required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to complete tasks accurately in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to follow standard procedures and instructions
- Proficient organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- History of being a team player, strong commitment, and positive attitude
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.