Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Land Development Estimator-Purchasing
This position will work out of our South Plainfield office but will be required to work at our various Central-South Jersey properties as needed.
- Thorough understanding and ability to read construction documents (plans); specification review and material submittals; drawing review and coordination prior to bid process.
- Budgeting and estimating with detailed quantity take-offs and value engineering.
- Locate and qualify competent and reliable suppliers.
- Select vendors for bidding, coordinate bid solicitation process for all trades/suppliers; analyze bids received as well as historical pricing.
- Develop and present proposals and cost estimates; facilitate and negotiate proposals with subcontractors and suppliers, timelines and terms and conditions.
- Create action plans for implementation of national vendor accounts.
- Ability to write Scopes of Work for site improvement trades; coordinate Scopes of Work, details and take-offs with Engineering Department.
- Facilitate the identification of new products and services to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General site construction knowledge.
- Good understanding of basic statistics, data gathering and testing procedures.
- Previous work experience in the field and in a corporate setting are preferred.
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.