Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 3,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Residential Maintenance Financial Analyst for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in Piscataway, NJ.
This position will prepare Residential budget reports and provide analytical support to the Sr. Vice President of Residential Operations, helping to shape the organization's decisions as it applies to the operation of our properties. This will be accomplished through analyzing both financial and operational data to identify trends and opportunities in an attempt to more effectively operate our properties. This position will also play a key role in our ability to accurately forecast revenue, occupancy, expenses and net operating income. In addition, this position will assist the Residential group throughout the budgeting process to assure budgets are created in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with the leadership team and Financial Services to develop Residential budgets
- Assist in preparation and review budget proposals for completeness and accuracy
- Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase revenue and profits.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Perform cost-benefits analyses to compare revenue and operating programs
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Consult with executives to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Responsible for preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by SVP of Residential Services and/or CFO.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Knowledge of residential budgets and analysis
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
- OneSite RealPage preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to complete tasks accurately with a sense of urgency
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient analytical skills, ability to investigate and problem solve
- Proficient computer skills in accounting software, excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology
- Team Player with a positive attitude and commitment
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.