Excavation Division General Superintendent
South Plainfield, NJExcavationRegular Full-Time
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Excavation Division General Superintendent for our Excavation Department.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Overall responsibility for EP Excavation projects
- Oversee all EP Excavation activities, production, manpower and equipment requirements
- Oversee, manage and direct EP Excavation employees
- Reviews upcoming projects with VPLD to determine if EP Excavation will have available resources to perform the work in accordance with the project schedule.
- Assigns projects to Project Supers
- Coordinate with LD Manager (LDM) to set up project, reviewing overall project schedule, Budget (Man hours, machine time, materials, etc), Earthwork analysis and earth moving strategy, Material lists, Material availability, Purchase Orders, Shop drawings, Permits required, Permit/Approval conditions which impact work, Etc.
- Attend project production meetings
- Coordinate with LDM on progress of projects, impacts to schedules and variations from budgets
- Review project manpower needs with Project Supers
- Coordinate with Land Development Managers, Project Supers, and LD Coordinator to schedule manpower, prepare weekly schedules and 2-week look aheads to adequately meet project schedules
- Coordinate with Shop to ensure machines are being fueled, maintained and repaired timely as required
- Review daily reports prepared by project foremen
- Recruit and hire manpower as required to meet EP Excavation Division needs
- Bid and contract with subcontractors needed for EP Excavation work.
- Manage and coordinate with Accounting on EP Excavation Billing and Invoicing
- Manage Safety Program
- Manage and monitor OSHA Certifications for all EP Excavation staff
- Hold EP Excavation Division staff meetings to advise on policies and procedures, changes, upcoming projects, staff needs, Company News, Etc.
- Attend meetings as required
- Estimating and special projects.
- Reports to VP of Land Development
- 15+ years of experience managing multiple projects from the field
- Must have formal training, education, or experience in Multi-Family, Commercial/Industrial Construction
- Extensive experience in excavation, sanitary sewer, drainage, water, underground utility, paving, concrete work, Etc.
- Clear understanding of heavy equipment requirements.
- Must be able to read and understand all project documents including construction drawings, cut / Fill maps, specifications, contracts, RFIs, submittals, etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of cost codes, budgets, and scheduling logic.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective use of computers including Microsoft suite,
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.