South Plainfield, NJExcavationRegular Full-Time
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Road/Field Mechanic for our Excavation Department.
3-5 years experience in heavy equipment repair.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs all types of heavy equipment such as: Excavators, Dozers, Front end Loaders, Backhoes, Haul Trucks, Rollers, and Pavers etc....
- Operate Service truck from job to job through New
- Diesel and gas engine diagnostics and repairs with computer diagnostics if
- Documentation of all repairs and
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and welding
- Wear P.P.E as required
- CDL is strongly preferred but not required
- Technical degree preferred with1-3 years' experience or 3-5 years heavy equipment repair experience.
- Working knowledge of a computer & use of equipment diagnostics tools such as CAT S.I.S.
- Knowledge of job specific safety practices
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs, able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, stand, walk for long period of time.
- Must be able to take multiple flights of stairs
- Be able to to work in hot or cold weather for extended periods from time to time.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.