Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking an Foreman-Earthwork/Pipeworkfor our Excavation Department.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Oversee, manage and direct Operators and Laborers assigned to crew as well as performing work and assisting the crew.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment as required to complete assigned tasks
- Required to review and understand plans, details and specifications
- Understand production expectations and impact of production on overall job schedule and budget
- Coordinate with Project Super to ensure all required manpower and proper working equipment and tools are available onsite timely as required to complete assigned tasks
- Coordinate with Site Super to ensure required materials are available as needed to complete tasks assigned per project schedule
- Manage and track materials. Obtain receipt, count and check deliveries. Turn receipts in to Site Super. Compare materials used back to budget. Report variations to Site Super
- Prepare Daily Reports at end of each day. Include daily production notes, issues encountered, inspectors onsite, equipment used for specific tasks and hours, Include job and cost codes in report for Job Costing, report equipment issues, onsite equipment maintenance, fueling and repairs, Manpower per task and hours, Etc.
- Responsible for equipment and tools assigned
- Report Equipment breakdowns / issues to Site Super and call into shop
- Do payroll report for crew
- Responsible for Jobsite Safety. Ensure proper PPE is worn. Report accidents immediately to Site Super and office
- Preform Toolbox talks
- Coordinate activities with other crews, trades and Building Construction Team onsite
- Prepare ‘redline” as-builts and field notes for work performed
- Inspect all work. Responsible for workmanship and quality of work performed
- Respect work performed by others
- Advise crew members of schedule and where to go the following day
- Report employees who call out to Site Super and Office
- Ensure Equipment is staged neatly, machines and tracks are cleaned.
- Attend meetings as required
- Assist with snow removal and salting operations at existing and new projects
Must have extensive knowledge in all aspects of site improvements including, earthwork operations, sanitary sewer, drainage, water, concrete, paving. utility installation, Etc.
Must have experience in Multi-Family, Commercial/Industrial Construction projects
Must be able to read and understand all project documents including construction drawings, specifications, contracts, RFIs, submittals, cut sheets, survey stakes, etc.
Must have a knowledge and understanding of heavy equipment and tools required to perform tasks effectively
General knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Effective use of computers including Microsoft suite,
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.