Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Land Development Project Manager for our Excavation Department.
Land Development Project Manager has the overall responsibility to plan, direct and implement required site improvements necessary for the division to meet/exceed business plan objectives.
This position is recognized as an expert within Site Improvements and Land Development and serves as a resource for best practices on projects.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Overseeing daily site improvement and land development field operations for multiple projects
- Managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Leading meetings with governmental agencies/inspectors/HOA’s Coordination with utility companies
- Coordination with Excavation Division for self-performed work including resource allocation (materials, manpower and equipment) required to complete the improvements
- Coordinating site improvements work with building operations
- Lead project dedication and bond release work
- Prepare, maintain and execution of project schedules to ensure estimated production is achieved or exceeded.
- Preparation and maintenance of project budgets and cash flow projections
- Invoice review, preparing and issuing Purchase Orders, Change Orders & Contracts
- Preparing project invoices and monitoring against project budgets and cash flow assumptions
- Bid package preparation, bid siltation, bid analysis, negotiations, and recommendations for contract award.
- Coordination with Engineering and Development Coordinators during Entitlements and approvals.
- Construction plan review and Value Engineering.
- Estimating, purchasing and management of site improvement materials.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have extensive knowledge in all aspects of site improvements including, earthwork operations, sanitary sewer, drainage, water, concrete, paving. utility installation, etc.
- Able to collect, sort and analyze data.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels, both internally and externally.
- A self-starter, able to identify problems and solve them.
- Knowledge of Scheduling logic and use of Software.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Construction Drawing Comprehension.
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in Site Improvement / Land Development Management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Value Engineering experience
- Ability to improvise/adapt/overcome obstacles
- Ability to manage Project Superintendents & Foreman and direct field operations
- Ability to prepare management level presentations for project status, schedule and financial performance
- Experience managing complex projects & schedules
- Ability to lead regular management meetings with cross-functional project teams for multiple projects
- Knowledge of local market for contracting, manpower, pricing,
- Mentoring/Management experience
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.