Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company.
With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation.
Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come join us.
We're currently seeking a full time Field Administrative Assistant to work with our Construction Division
Candidate will have construction administrative experience. Attention to detail and strong follow through; able to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with innovative problem-solving abilities.
The following are a list of some of the responsibilities needed for the position of Administrative Assistant:
- Maintain a separate filing system for all buildings, townhomes and condo units. These files should include; the contract, the signed scope, warranties, manuals and the product specifications. As the building progresses any relevant correction, correspondence or changes shall be added as a record for the benefit of the staff and the project owner.
- Fill out all permit cards/folder, create spread sheet with all address and permit number information.
- Create spread sheet for purchasing items or Purchase Orders needed in all buildings and homes. Create PO's for material under $500. Match delivery tickets to PO's. Keep at copy at the trailer for reference, send originals to corporate for processing and payment.
- Formally order materials based on Super/PM list with Purchasing Department and track completion. All such orders should have record in the file after created and kept for later record.
- Support Purchasing by updating spread sheet as new bidders are entered and follow up on bidders until bid is received.
- Copy Super on all correspondence; send e-mails, photos etc at request of Super or PM.
- Send out e-mails as requested by Super and PM as needed to support schedule and completion goals.
- Coordinate Customer Service for Hamilton Square and the balance of Fulton Square. Keep tracking sheet which is to include any and all open items, by home. Communicate all tickets via e-mail in all instances to establish records and time lines.
- Coordinate Customer Service for leased properties. Maintain tracking sheet with any and all open items. Communicate with leasing department, set up contractors via e-mail record.
- Maintain Meeting notes from all Safety and Production meetings. Coordinate subcontractors to attend necessary construction meetings; take meeting minutes and distribute to attendees.
- Create and maintain closing books, as-builts and phone line matrix per specific job.
- Phones Set-up construction trailer accounts, check billing, report problems, call for credits. Set-up fire and emergency lines for buildings, coordinate monitoring. Answer all calls, check voice mail, etc
- Utilities (Electric/Gas/Water): Set-up temporary service for trailer (load sheets, DR #'s, etc). Set-up permanent service for buildings (load sheets, DR #'s, etc) and homes. Set-up a spreadsheet for Property Management to identify meter numbers at each location.
- Time Sheets: Track hours and locations of field personnel including vacation/sick and personal time.
- Work Acknowledgements: Review with site super or project manager to obtain sign off on completed work. Copy for on-site records (in case sign-off gets misplaced). Fax, scan and e-mail a copy to trade for their records.
- Schedule Interviews, help new hires fill out employment packet; Send employment packet to Corporate HR Dept, follow-up on status; Liaison for HR questions from field personnel.
- Inspections (Building, Electric, Plumbing, Fire, Health, Soils, etc): Call in all inspection requests; Log/track all inspections; Fill out tech cards for each subcode.
- TCO Renewals/CO Receipt: Track TCO expiration dates and renew accordingly; track receipt of Certificates of Occupancy
- Mark-outs: Call in and track all mark-outs for residential projects, NJ One Call.
- Supply Orders: fill out supply order requests for the construction trailer as needed.
- Addresses: Contact Post Office or Township officials when new site needs addresses assigned.
- Port-a-Johns: Make arrangements to have port-a-john units dropped on-site and removed as needed.
- Daily Reports: Type up reports that site supers prepare for on-site daily activities (subcontractor on-site, deliveries, etc)
- Punchlists: Type punchlists prepared by site super or project manager and distribute to subcontractors as needed; Follow-up as required.
Qualified applicant for this entry level position must have the following skills.
• Organized and Detailed
• Basic knowledge of Data Entry skills
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and Adobe
• Basic accounting skills
• Analytical thinking skills
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.