Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Coordinator for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 1-3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in South Plainfield and may travel to Hamilton and Cherry Hill, NJ.
Responsible for managing the administrative tasks for a large, complex community or group of communities. Position may support the maintenance administrative functions, depending on the needs of the community. Responsibilities include supporting some or all of the following processes: service requests, apartment turnover, preventive maintenance, on-site purchasing, project management, and general administration.
- Senior Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Supervisor / Regional Maintenance Coordinator
- No Direct Reports; may assist in supervising Maintenance Technicians I / II and III with responsibility for scheduling, work assignments, training, etc.
- Exempt – not-eligible for overtime unless hourly
Essential Job Functions:
- Service request process: Enter, track, and close service requests. Follow up on outstanding issues.
- Turns process: Enter POs, schedule turns / vendors, and upload work acknowledgements
- Maintain the property asset log in Real Page including adding new assets and updating existing assets accordingly as directed and/or outlined by procedure.
- Prepare quotes and submit purchase orders for supplies & materials, receive deliveries and document accordingly. Maintain shelf stock based on approved minimum on-hand quantities.
- Support the preventive maintenance and project management processes. Prepare resident communications, schedule appointments, track and close preventive maintenance tasks, assist with contract preparation and maintain files to comply with company policies.
- Manage all property vendor contracts (costs, scope compliance, etc.) as well as managing any vendors on site day to day.
- Update maintenance such as carpet replacement logs, hot water tank replacement logs, exterminating logs, etc.
- Purchasing processes: Enter orders and invoices; research aged orders and invoices; confirm the receipt of goods.
- Monitor and adhere to applicable EP policies and Procedures and ensure compliance as needed with federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- Complete weekly reports on Maintenance Alerts including service request activity, overdue service requests, purchase orders.
- Complete assigned on-boarding and ongoing training in Grace Hill as assigned by Edgewood Properties.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 - 3 years of multi-family or related property management experience or equivalent experience in retail or hospitality preferred.
- Ability to listen and quickly develop rapport with residents and associates and successfully solve problems.
- Ability to complete repetitive administrative tasks with high attention to detail and limited mistakes.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks and schedules and adhere to and enforce required deadlines.
- Ability to speak, read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written reports and verbal communications.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to perform basic office applications such as word processing, e-mail and spreadsheets.
- Ability to frequently operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances and the mobility and flexibility to store and retrieve packages from shelving.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb (stairs, steps, ladders, etc.).
- Must be proficient in or capable of becoming proficient in the following software; MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook are used daily), OneSite Real Page (or be capable of learning), Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.