Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company.
With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation.
Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a full time Purchasing Assistant to help with the purchasing duties for our Residential Multi-Family Division.
This person will work at our Corporate office, Piscataway, NJ
- Pricing and procuring supplies for multi-family portfolio of properties, including office supplies, capital items, parts and any other items related to apartment maintenance, rehabilitation and turnover.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain best pricing
- Identify suppliers that may provide supplies at low cost
- Work with site staff to ensure that warranty programs are followed
- Select products for purchase by working with site managers
- Review purchase orders submitted by remote offices for accuracy.
- Review bid proposals as well as negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations
- Maintain computerized procurement records of items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- Work with site personnel and accounts payable to ensure correct purchase order and invoice chain
- Track orders
- Other miscellaneous general administrative and customer service work as needed to include filing, phone calls, spreadsheet tracking, written correspondence.
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Real Page experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- General construction and building knowledge
- Previous work experience in the field and in a corporate setting are preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe and MS Projects.
- Ability to work independently & multitask under pressure.
- Good understanding of Residential Properties purchasing requirements, procedures and practices.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance,a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.