Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Full-Time Video Management System Technician/Installer to serve in various locations throughout central and south Jersey
The Video Management System Technician/Installer, reporting to the Director of Risk Management, will complete installations,
perform maintenance and repair of video management systems, with a focus on video surveillance technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- All necessary travel, primarily within the state of New Jersey.
- Installation of cameras, Network Video Recorders (NVR), Digital Video Recorders (DVR), related software, and any other related peripherals.
- Travel for offsite hardware, software, network, and video support.
- Analyze, diagnose, recommend and repair new and existing video management systems.
- Complete major systems integrations, including system commissioning.
- Work and coordinate with other subcontractors that support the video management system function.
- Maintain all company property and supplies, including but not limited to: tools, equipment, parts and documentation.
- Must be available to respond to emergency calls during non-work hours.
- Provide training in the use and application of all systems as needed.
- Must have own vehicle for transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable working on ladders and in confined spaces.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Systems preferred, but not required.
- Have a strong working knowledge of older and newer technologies.
- Knowledge of IP platform camera systems required (Hikvision, e.g.).
- Proficiency in network architecture and protocols.
- Must be able to configure IP addresses and setup subnets.
- Experience in a variety of Windows and mobile application support software.
- Ability to quickly learn to use new software tools, with respect to (NVMS) Network Video Management Systems.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Must be adaptable to changing work conditions.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.