Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Director of Maintenance Operations-Residential for our multi-family portfolio of properties,
with 5 years and more of senior level maintenance management experience in the multi-family property management or other building/facility management related experience.
Summary of Job Description:
Responsible for the overall direction and support of the maintenance associates and the maintenance operations for all properties across the residential portfolio. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: creation of policies and procedures; management of the maintenance and preventive maintenance efforts; creation and measuring of compliance will company policies and procedures; ensure compliance with any and all local, state and or national codes and regulations; ensure that the physical aspects of the building(s), HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities are maintained in a Neat, Clean and Working order at all times; ensure consistent adherence to EP’s operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations; conducts scheduled property visits, works with on-site manager to increase proficiency/performance of community, and maintains oversight of all maintenance operations.
- Vice President of Maintenance Operations
- Supervises other assigned supervisory and non-supervisory associates across the portfolio as well as relevant third-party vendors/suppliers. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, planning and directing work assignments. Evaluates associate performance and makes decisions or recommendations regarding hiring and termination.
- Exempt/Salaried. Compensation includes base salary and eligibility in Property Operations’ on-site incentive program, if any.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with property CMs and Regional Property Managers to ensure the maintenance operations are meeting expectations.
- Implement and manage programs to maximize revenue, control expenses and improve resident satisfaction.
- Identify and manage capital projects, develop scope of work and contractor bids.
- Set standards for apartment community maintenance and turnover and ensure established turn time and quality of turns are consistently met.
- Manage all portfolio vendor contracts (costs, scope compliance, etc.) as well as managing any vendors on site day to day.
- Manage all portfolio service requests; including prioritization and delegation to assigned staff. Maintain portfolio parts and supply inventory to ensure company customer service standards are maintained.
- Manage and ensure the physical condition of the property is maintained and contributes to EP’s annual business goals. This includes but not limited to community’s curb appeal, marketing window, common area maintenance and upkeep, cleanliness of grounds, etc.
- Inspect portfolio grounds, buildings and apartment homes on a regular basis to ensure that all physical aspects of the community are fully functional at all times; perform start-up duties and acceptance walks as required
- Review and create action plans for underperforming areas as identified on J Turner reports.
- Manage the apartment home turnover and preventive maintenance programs schedules for the portfolio to maximize the value to the community and ensure quality of work. Assess the value of damage to apartment homes that is charged to departing resident.
- Establish safety and inventory control procedures.
- Ensure portfolio implementation of appropriate risk mitigation procedures, including disaster response and safety training; maintain appropriate documentation.
- Assist in the creation of annual operating and Capital Expenditure budgets.
- Monitor portfolio maintenance expenses ensuring spending is approved and within budget.
- Hire and develop maintenance team members; assist in management of portfolio maintenance personnel including onboarding, regular training, scheduling work assignments, performance evaluations, associate training and development and disciplinary actions; make decisions or recommendations regarding hiring and termination.
- Oversee portfolio execution of work of external maintenance vendors and internal maintenance service suppliers.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all portfolio applicable EP policies and procedures. Ensure portfolio compliance.
- Ensure portfolio compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Sr. VP of Residential Operations and/or CEO/President.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
· All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
· Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: College Degree Preferred
- Experience: 5 years and more of senior level maintenance management experience in the multi-family property management or other building/facility management related experience.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver group presentations on property related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages.
- Ability to frequently operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to supervise and develop new associates and provide feedback and coaching resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by work experience.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, Freon recovery units, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of 8 – 9 feet.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch to crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Certification as a Type I and Type II technician from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved technician certification program.
- Valid Asbestos abatement certification (where applicable)
- Other licenses and certifications as required by Community, state or local jurisdictions.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time
- May be asked to perform the work of a Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Supervisor / Technician I / II / III.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.