Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Coordinator for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 1-3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
Responsible for managing the administrative tasks for a large, complex community or group of communities. Position may support the maintenance administrative functions, depending on the needs of the community. Responsibilities include supporting some or all of the following processes: service requests, preventive maintenance, on-site purchasing, move-ins, renewals, move-outs, project management, and general administration.
- Senior / Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Supervisor
- No Direct Reports; may assist in supervising Maintenance Technicians I / II and III with responsibility for scheduling, work assignments, training, etc.
- Exempt – not-eligible for overtime.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the service request process to include entering, tracking and closing service requests. Follow up on outstanding issues and complete warm calls.
- Support the preventive maintenance and project management processes. Prepare resident communications, schedule appointments, track and close preventive maintenance tasks, assist with contract preparation and maintain files to comply with company policies.
- Manage all property vendor contracts (costs, scope compliance, etc.) as well as managing any vendors on site day to day.
- Update maintenance and environmental documentation such as carpet replacement logs, hot water tank replacement logs, exterminating logs, lead paint notification, asbestos awareness, etc.
- Support the maintenance purchasing processes. Enter orders and invoices; research aged orders and invoices; confirm the receipt of goods and communicate accruals to the Accounting department.
- Provide general administrative support such as report preparation and meeting coordination.
- Monitor and adhere to applicable EP policies and Procedures and ensure compliance as needed with federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Preform job functions of the Maintenance Relations Specialist position as required.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 1 - 3 years of multi-family or related property management experience or equivalent experience in retail or hospitality preferred.
- Ability to listen and quickly develop rapport with residents and associates and successfully solve problems.
- Ability to complete repetitive administrative tasks with high attention to detail and limited mistakes.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks and schedules and adhere to and enforce required deadlines.
- Ability to speak, read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written reports and verbal communications.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to perform basic office applications such as word processing, e-mail and spreadsheets.
- Ability to frequently operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances and the mobility and flexibility to store and retrieve packages from shelving.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb (stairs, steps, ladders, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.