Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Tech II for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with 2+ years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full time at Hamilton Station, Hamilton, NJ.
Responsible for executing maintenance requests by diagnosing problems and making repairs in order to maintain the physical condition of the community according to operating and safety standards and to ensure that service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Sr. Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Manager / Maintenance Supervisor
- No Direct Reports
Essential Job Functions:
- Class A:
- Ability to paint / spackle, HVAC (clean coils, change filters), plumbing (pull toilets, replace all parts, snake all sanitary systems), assist tech 3, and handle turn responsibilities.
- Diagnose and perform basic repairs and maintenance in areas including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, major appliances, plumbing, carpentry, building maintenance, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, and painting/wallpaper.
- Class B:
- Ability to paint / spackle, HVAC filter changes, plumbing (pull toilets, change seal, snake lines), work with Tech 3, and assist with turns.
- All tech 2:
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Perform turnkey work per maintenance manager.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all applicable EP policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Class A: 5-10 years of experience with 2 - 5 years of experience in residential maintenance and or a related field.
- Class B: 1 - 3 years of experience. Promotion from groundskeeper
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read maintenance tickets and the ability to read and understand labels on containers of cleaning and chemical supplies.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in restricted spaces or at heights in excess of 8 – 9 feet.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Lift certification. Should be able to pass within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to pass training certification in HVAC, electrical, or entry level trades for residential sites.
- Class A should be able to receive additional certification in first 24 months.
- Participate in the Emergency On-Call rotation for the property.
- Live within 45 minutes’ drive of the community.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time.
- May be asked to perform the work of a Maintenance Technician I.
- Class A: $19 - $22
- Class B: $17 - $19
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.