Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a PM/Construction Manager
For our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 10 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time throughout Central and South Jersey. Corporate Headquarters is located in Piscataway, NJ.
Edgewood Properties PM/Construction Manager will exhibit leadership qualities with the ability to direct, motivate and supervise personnel to achieve maximum productivity.
Self-starter with attention to detail and strong follow through; able to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with innovative problem-solving and decision-making abilities with emphasis on quality control and material management.
- Direct involvement with municipal officials, architect and engineers.
- Coordinate Plan Review and Approval Process through the municipalities; submit permit packages.
- Manage and keep timely control of all necessary approvals/submittals process from shop drawings to architects and engineers.
- Adherence to architectural and engineering specifications.
- Initiate and manage RFI's between owner/architects/engineers.
- Coordinate changes to drawings, clarifications & bulletins.
- Issue field work orders
- Produce project schedules/ prepare overall job status reports.
- Oversee project superintendents.
- Notify VP of Construction of any potential delays with the schedule.
- Assist in bidding process with Purchasing Dept.
- Review scopes of work by trade through interfacing with architectural and engineering teams.
- Subcontractor correspondence.
- Run jobsite meetings.
- Oversee project site superintendents to ensure they are following proper site schedule, and storage and security of construction materials.
- Enforce site cleanliness for the overall appearance and marketability.
- Review site safety meeting reports to ensure superintendent and site staff are enforcing OSHA Standards.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own
- interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's effort to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional
resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with
respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
- Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies
feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity;
- Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond
guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with
frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when
absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.