Piscataway, NJSecurityRegular Part-Time
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking Full and Part-time Security Officers to serve in various locations throughout central and south Jersey
Up to $28.00 hourly rate based on experience
• Facilitate access to client facility for residents, guests and deliveries
• Identify and prevent illegitimate access to client facility
• Provide secure internal and external environment by routine patrol activities
• Monitor surveillance equipment
• Inspect buildings, equipment and access points
• Provide immediate notification to Supervisor(s) of hazards, deficiencies, security breaches
• Prepare coherent/legible written reports and logs reflecting property conditions and activities
• Maintain courteous, professional, helpful, respectful and pleasant interactions with residents and guests; Communicate in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations
• Provide information about the facilities/property to residents and guests
• Carry out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent; Prior security/law enforcement preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the facility and property
• Must have the ability to provide a high level of proficiency in providing security and customer service
• Must be physically and mentally able to intervene in stressful and demanding circumstances while maintaining composure
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screening
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.