Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for our Excavation Department.
Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager to plan, direct and implement required site improvements necessary for the division to meet/exceed business plan objectives.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Ability to read construction documents (blueprints); specification review and material submittals; drawing review and coordination prior to bid process.
- Estimating, preparing detailed quantity take-offs for clearing, demolition, earthwork, pipe, retaining walls, concrete, paving, etc.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of project budgets
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and execution of project schedules
- Coordination with Excavation Division for self-performed work
- Coordinating land development work with building operations
- Assist Project Manager to select vendors for bidding, coordinate bid solicitation process for all trades/suppliers; analyze and level bids.
- Assist in writing scopes of work for site improvement trades.
- Coordinate with Engineering on plan development, plan review and Value Engineering
- Assist in overseeing daily land development field operations for multiple projects
- Assist in managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Assist in coordination with utility companies
- Assist in invoice review, preparing and issuing Purchase Orders, Change Orders & Contracts
- Locate and qualify competent and reliable suppliers and subcontractors.
- Facilitate the identification of new products and services to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring costs and comparing back to budgets.
- Coordinate with Development Coordinators on obtaining required approvals and permits.
- Recent College Graduate or up to 1-year Relevant (Engineering, Construction Management) Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Analytical thinking, able to collect, sort and analyze data
- Communicating: able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels, both internally and externally
- Self-starter, able to identify problems and initiate ways to solve them
- Knowledge of scheduling software
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, AutoCAD, Bluebeam
- Ability to perform quantity takeoffs from plans and CAD files
- Basic knowledge and ability to learn all aspects of site development which includes grading, storm drainage, sanitary sewer, and water systems, roadways, etc.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.