Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Heavy equipment Operator for our Excavation Department.
This position will be based out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Experience in operating dozers, excavators, rollers, articulated end dumps, scraper pans, and loaders
- In depth knowledge of site construction means& methods, equipment utilization, earthwork operations and /or Utility Operations (sanitary sewer, drainage and water installation)
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, tires, greasing, etc.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Thorough experience operating in close quarters
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading soil rocks, debris, and/or other materials from heavy equipment.
- Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- Ensure regulated and proper PPE such as headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, clothing, etc. as required are worn
- Follow project instructions from Foreman or Supervisor
- Consult with construction plans and specifications, taking measurements and carrying out calculations based on the measurement taken
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience operating various equipment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site locations
- License/Certification: • CDL A (not required, but Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Excellent vision or the use of prescribed lenses.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.