Piscataway, NJLegalRegular Full-Time
Attorney Position - Edgewood Properties, Piscataway, New Jersey
Edgewood Properties is seeking a Landlord/Tenant- Collections Attorney to join its team of in-house counsel at our Corporate office, Piscataway, New Jersey.
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company with a track record of creating premier mixed-use,
residential and commercial communities throughout New Jersey as well as other states.
Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
This is a full time position.
- Assist clients step-by-step through each phase of the eviction process
- Provide legal advice through phone consultations, emails, and video conferences
- Draft legal correspondence, including letters and notices, based on client needs
- Collaborate with clients and senior associates and other staff to move cases toward resolution efficiently
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, briefs, affidavits, motions, and settlement agreements
- Analyze conflicts in legal matters, advise clients on solutions, and negotiate on behalf of clients
- Conduct legal research, prepare for and attend hearings and/or other legal proceedings, and provide legal counsel with the help of senior associate attorneys
- Keep files organized to make sure the most recent updates are accessible to other attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Communicate with other staff and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Review client issues on legal matters, analyze available options, and diligently work to determine the best course of action
- Conduct consultations
- Update client on matters
- Communicate with court
- Engage in fact-finding investigation and discovery to effectively resolve legal matters
- Prepare exhibits for trial, proof hearings, and/or other legal proceedings.
- Conduct court appearances, including trials, and argue motions before the court.
- Negotiate settlements
1-5+ years of experience is required
• Litigation experience is required
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience with Commercial Litigation, Collections, Evictions, and Bankruptcy.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.