Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 3-5 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full time at our property The Crossings at Hamilton Station located in Hamilton, NJ.
MOST COMPETITIVE PAY RATES IN NEW JERSEY!
Responsible for the management of the maintenance and preventive maintenance efforts for one or more assigned communities including the physical aspects of the building(s), HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. Ensure efforts meet EP’s operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations. At podded communities, conducts property visits, works with on-site supervisor to increase proficiency/performance of community, and maintains oversight of Maintenance operations.
- Portfolio Maintenance Director / Regional Maintenance Director
- Supervises other assigned supervisory and non-supervisory associates at one or more communities as well as relevant third party vendors/suppliers. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, planning and directing work assignments. Evaluates associate performance, and makes decisions or recommendations regarding hiring and termination.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with office counterpart(s) to ensure effective operations of:
- Implement and manage programs to maximize revenue, control expenses and improve resident satisfaction.
- Manage all property vendor contracts (costs, scope compliance, etc.) as well as managing any vendors on site day to day.
- Manage all service requests; including prioritization and delegation to assigned staff. Maintain parts and supply inventory to ensure company customer service standards are maintained.
- Manage the maintenance for assigned community(s) to ensure the physical condition of the property is maintained and contributes to EP’s annual business goals.
- Manage the apartment home turnover and preventive maintenance programs schedules to maximize the value to the community and ensure quality of work. Assess the value of damage to apartment homes that is charged to departing resident.
- Ensure implementation of appropriate risk mitigation procedures, including disaster response and safety training; maintain appropriate documentation.
- Monitor maintenance expenses ensuring spending is approved and within budget.
- Manage all personnel duties including recruiting and hiring, scheduling work assignments, performance evaluations, associate training and development and disciplinary actions; make decisions or recommendations regarding hiring and termination.
- Inspect grounds, buildings and apartment homes on a regular basis to ensure that all physical aspects of the community are fully functional at all times; perform start-up duties and acceptance walks as required.
- Oversee execution of work of external maintenance vendors and internal maintenance service suppliers.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all applicable EP policies and procedures. Ensure compliance as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks or duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience: 3-5 years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician III / 2 years of on-the-job experience in the use of refrigerant recovery or recycling equipment.
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver group presentations on property related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages.
- Ability to frequently operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to supervise and develop new associates and provide feedback and coaching resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by work experience.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, freon recovery units, landscaping equipment, sandblasters, and safety equipment.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of 8 – 9 feet.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch to crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Certification as a Type I and Type II technician from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved technician certification program.
- Valid Asbestos abatement certification (where applicable)
- Other licenses and certifications as required by Community, state or local jurisdictions.
- Participate in the Emergency On-Call rotation for the property.
- Live within 45 minutes’ drive of the community
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time
- May be asked to perform the work of a Maintenance Technician I / II / III.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment w