Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Site Division Estimator for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our ExcavationDivision located in South Plainfield, NJ.
- Prepare accurate take offs of quantities utilizing digitizer/computer program.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates, including labor, materials and subcontractor items.
- Provide other services such as attending pre-bid conferences, site visits and field measurements.
- Create formal proposals for submissions to clients.
- Follow up on bid submissions and secure/review contracts.
- Assist in Project Management as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with subcontractors.
- Pricing out and purchasing materials
- Value engineer site plans
- Bidding out work to outside contractors
- Working with field personnel for delivery of materials
- A Bachelor's degree (preferably in Civil Engineering) and a minimum 3 years of position-related experience along with a thorough understanding of cost estimating.
- Have a thorough understanding of computer programs used in estimating and scheduling along with Word/Excel and Outlook.
- Have a thorough understanding of how to accurately read construction blueprints/specifications.
- Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Organized Individual committed to performing duties with detail and accuracy.
- Field experience in site work/asphalt paving is a plus.
- position 3 years
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.