Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Purchasing Agent-Estimator for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 15 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
Candidate will be accomplished in the areas of project management, quality control, and material management.
Exhibit leadership qualities with the ability to direct and motivate personnel to achieve maximum productivity.
Attention to detail and strong follow through; able to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with innovative problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Thorough understanding and ability to read construction documents (blueprints); Specification review and material submittals; drawing review and coordination prior to bid process
- Budgeting and estimating with detailed quantity take-offs and value engineering.
- Locate and qualify competent and reliable suppliers.
- Select vendors for bidding, coordinate bid solicitation process for all trades/suppliers; analyze bids received as well as historical pricing.
- Develop and present proposals and cost estimates; facilitate and negotiate proposals with subcontractors and suppliers, timelines and terms and conditions.
- Create action plans for implementation of national vendor accounts
- Implement and improve processes for option guide pricing; interface with Sales & Marketing team on standard and option specifications
- Create master community lumber take-offs and track pricing changes
- Ability to write scopes of work for all trades; Coordinate scopes of work, details and take-offs with Architectural Dept.
- Develop and implement company policies, procedures and maintain ongoing project documentation.
- Assist in establishing budgets and proformas on future projects.
- Facilitate the identification of new products and services to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Proficient in Timberline, RealPage, C-Sales and Microsoft Office.
- 15+ years of experience is required as a minimum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General construction and building knowledge
- Good understanding of basic statistics, data gathering, and testing procedures
- Previous work experience in the field and in a corporate setting are preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and MS Projects
- Ability to work independently & multitask under pressure
- Good understanding of Residential Properties purchasing requirements, procedures and practices
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.