Edgewood Properties is seeking a Paralegal to join its team of in-house counsel at our Corporate office, Piscataway, New Jersey.
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company with a track record of creating premier mixed-use, residential and commercial communities throughout New Jersey as well as other states. This is a dynamic position with opportunities to work closely with engineers, professional consultants, and project development teams.
Position is full time, in person, 9 - 5 Monday - Friday.
- Knowledge of general litigation procedures
- Draft legal notices and have knowledge of planning board/zoning board applications and procedures
- Have extensive word processing knowledge, along with knowledge of the Microsoft Suite program.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals and contracts.
- Have excellent calendar management skills.
- Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent and investigation facts.
- Be able to organize and maintain the electronic and paper filing system.
- Help prepare lawyers for meetings and court hearings.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- 2+ Years of prior paralegal experience at a New Jersey law firm handling litigation and land use matters.
- The ideal candidate should have prior experience in General Litigation, Land Use and Commercial/Residential Real Estate
- Must have a proficient understanding of e-filing with the NJ Courts system.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.