Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Floating Leasing and Marketing Consultant for one of our multi-family properties,
with at least 1+ years of experience in sales or leasing.
Candidate will work full-time in central New Jersey.
Edgewood Properties, a top developer and property management company based in New Jersey, is currently looking for experienced Leasing and Marketing Consultants to work full-time. Candidate shall have prior experience in a sales or leasing role. We are looking for career-minded professionals who recognize the value of a career path. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience leasing at a luxury community. The successful candidate must have strong organizational abilities, follow-up skills, and an attention to detail that often makes the difference with prospective and current residents. Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changing schedules that will include some weekends and holidays. This position includes showing apartments within the community.
The Leasing and Marketing Consultant role is primarily a sales position with a strong emphasis on customer service, meeting goals, marketing the community and units, and achieving results. As a Leasing and Marketing Consultant, you will manage the sales process, from start to finish; presenting our apartment homes and communities in a compelling way, overcoming objections, building relationships and creating excitement. You will maintain these relationships by providing excellent customer service and helping current residents resolve problems as they arise. A successful Leasing and Marketing Consultant must demonstrate strong sales, customer service, organization, multi-tasking and communication skills. Basic computer skill and phone skills are required.
- Greeting all residents, future residents and internal team members in a professional and consistent positive manner
- Keeping a high level of service in mind with every task while resolving conflict to benefit all concerned parties
- Sell the value of the community features as they relate to the customers needs to close om a sale
- Lead management- follow up regularly with potential leads
- Touring apartment homes and community grounds including models, amenities, and vacant apartments
- Preparing lease documents and related paperwork for management
- Facilitating the move in /move out process
- Promoting positive resident relations
- Attend all resident events and contribute to the resident retention efforts
- Respecting the boundaries of confidentiality, fair housing laws and safety
- Ensure a high level of professionalism and customer service
- Manage resident renewals and distribute and follow up on renewal notices
- Executing on site marketing and advertising directives- managing ILSs/ website content/ social media accounts
- Manage Broker relations, including managing MLS listings
- Managing and contributing to positive online reputation management
- Work with the maintenance department to handle apartment turnovers, move ins, and work order requests and assist in maintaining the cleanliness of show units and tour routes
- Assist in the preparation of newsletters and resident activities.
- Be a market knowledge expert and prepare monthly market survey.
Basic duties include but are not limited to:
- Following standard office procedures
- Opening models and inspecting the tour path
- Orienting himself or herself with the property and surroundings
- Preparing coffee and refreshments as requested
- Accepting maintenance requests and efficiently handling resident calls
- Assisting residents with rental, move-in, and renewal paperwork
- Assisting with any other office function that may be delegated by the Community Manager or other staff members
- Answering telephones and providing exceptional service
- Creating a sense of urgency when making appointments for future residents to visit the community
- Completing telephone and on-site guest cards/traffic reports
- Asking for the deposit and closing the lease*
- Additional duties as assigned by Management
*specific procedures and criteria may vary from community to community
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong customer service background and skills
- Basic typing and clerical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Projection of a professional image by following dress code and appearance standards as set forth by the community
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent telephone skills
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- Sales skills
- Clean criminal background
- No prior apartment evictions
Previous Experience Desired
Customer Service Industry, Retail, Leasing, Marketing
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits,
life insurance, a 401(k) and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.