Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Paving Operator
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office, but be assigned to on-site central Jersey locations as needed.
- Responsible for operating the asphalt paver, and assists the supervisor in determining the pattern and sequence of the paving operations
- Ability to set flow, adjust screed crown and strike off, and operate equipment holding a straight line.
- Performs pre-starting check of fluids (oil, coolant, etc.) and inspection for damage
- Directs the trucks delivering asphalt to the paver, alerting the driver to overhead obstacles and signaling instructions
- Removes asphalt material that may be sticking to conveyors, augers and other parts of the paver
- Cleans equipment as necessary during and after work is performed
- Responsible for having a thorough understanding of various aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, mix designs, job specifications, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving
- May be required to perform other labor/operator related tasks (based on experience, abilities, knowledge of incumbent and direction of Foreman) as necessary in assisting crew with job completion Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- Ensure regulated and proper PPE such as headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, clothing, etc. as required are worn
- Follow project instructions from Foreman or Supervisor
- Consult with construction plans and specifications, taking measurements and carrying out calculations based on the measurement taken
- Ability to operate other heavy equipment such as dozers, excavators, rollers, loaders, etc.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience operating various equipment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site locations
- License/Certification: • CDL A (not required, but Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Excellent vision or the use of prescribed lenses.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.