South Plainfield, NJExcavationRegular Full-Time
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Project Superintendent for our Excavation Department.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of site improvements for multiple projects assigned
- Required to review plans, details and specifications
- Have a complete understanding of overall project plan, schedule and budget for projects assigned
- Assign manpower and proper equipment required to meet job needs
- Oversee, manage and direct Foremen, Operators and Laborers for projects assigned
- Adjust manpower as needed to meet project needs
- Review project needs, schedule, scope of work and production expectations with Foremen and crew.
- Obtain Material lists and copies of PO’s for all required materials.
- Coordinate material deliveries to projects timely to meet project schedule, understand lead times for materials and potential impact to schedule.
- Coordinate with and provide updates to Land Development Manager (LDM) on project schedule.
- Track crew production, compare back to budget provided by LDM, report changes in schedule to LDM.
- Track material quantities used, compare back to budget provided by LDM, Report variations to LDM
- Coordinate equipment moves with dispatcher for projects assigned
- Coordinate with shop on required repairs, replacement equipment and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate with Foremen and Dispatcher to ensure equipment is fueled and greased, minimizing disruptions in production.
- Review daily reports prepared by project foremen
- Schedule and coordinate with EP Excavation subcontractors
- Verify subcontractor work complete
- Coordinate site logistics with Building Construction Team.
- Responsible for Jobsite safety
- Conduct Toolbox talks
- Coordinate with Governing Authorities and inspectors
- Assist in recruiting and hiring necessary manpower to meet EP Excavation needs
- Attend meeting as required
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple projects from the field
- Must have extensive knowledge in earthwork operations, sanitary sewer, drainage, water, concrete, paving and utility installation
- Must have formal training, education, or experience in Multi-Family, Commercial/Industrial Construction
- Must be able to read and understand all project documents including construction drawings, specifications, contracts, RFIs, submittals, cut sheets, survey stakes, etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of cost codes, budgets, and scheduling logic.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective use of computers including Microsoft suite,
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.