Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Pipe Laborerfor our Excavation Department.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Unload tools and equipment, prepare building site materials, stack materials, and set up equipment
- Carrying out tasks that involve physical labor at many different construction projects
- Follow project instructions from Foreman or Supervisor
- Consult with construction plans and specifications, taking measurements and carrying out calculations based on the measurement taken
- Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Ensure regulated and proper headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, clothing, etc. as required are worn
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Safely operate a variety of hand and power tools including pressure washers, jackhammers, drills, saws, grinders, chain saws, etc.
- Operate heavy equipment as instructed including end dump trucks, rollers, loaders, compactors, etc.
- Prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt, or compacting
- Provide assistance to subcontractors as directed
- Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- Knowledge of site work construction methods and means
- Assist in snow removal and salting operations
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
- State licensure to work with hazardous materials preferred but not required
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be comfortable climbing ladders, working at elevated levels or in trenches
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- English and Spanish fluency a plus
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site locations
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions hot/cold
- Work in a ditch and trench box while following safety protocols
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.