Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Estimator/GPS Survey Tech-Earthwork and Site Improvementsfor our Excavation Department.
We are currently seeking an experienced earthwork and site improvement Estimator / GPS Survey Tech to execute detailed quantity take-offs, build 3D site construction models and perform site construction layout for the Excavation Division.
This position will work out of our South Plainfield, NJ office.
- Thorough understanding and ability to read construction documents including plans(blueprints), specifications, geotechnical reports, etc. necessary to accurately estimate project needs
- Perform earthwork quantity takeoffs using drawings and InSite software.
- Create 3D GPS models for projects, or obtain them from 3rd party sources
- Prepare accurate material and quantity takeoffs for all aspects of site development
- Prepare accurate labor and equipment estimates for scopes identified
- Assist Project Managers with budget preparation
- Assist Project Managers and field personnel with planning, and design issues
- Perform pre-construction topographic surveys as needed
- Set up new projects with site localization, verify 3D model layout in the field and provide construction layout staking
- Manage GPS files/models for projects
- Receive and analyze subcontractors and supplier bids
- Prepare bid/quote comparisons
- Assist Project managers with material and subcontractor buyout
- Value engineer projects by defining alternatives to the proposed scope or materials that are more cost-efficient
- Perform as-built topographic surveys as needed and as-built material quantities
- Earthwork and site improvement estimating experience – min 3+years
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, AutoCAD, InSite, Bluebeam, Adobe
- Experience operating Topcon GPS Rover for construction layout
- Ability to read and interpret civil plans and specifications
- Exceptional organizational skills both electronically and with hard file documents
- Interest in the field of construction utilizing state of the art technology
- Prior construction layout or earthwork experience and relevant work experience in residential and commercial construction.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.