Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Maintenance Capital Improvement Project Manager for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time, traveling to all properties across the NJ portfolio.
Responsible for identifying any and all property deferred maintenance issues, creating detailed scopes of work, bidding out projects based on the scopes of work, creating a bid level sheets to compare all bids and vendor qualifications to determine a vendor selection for the project. Works at all properties across the portfolio. Experience in identifying the physical aspects of the building(s), HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. Ensure efforts meet EP’s operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
- VP of Maintenance and Operations / (works with the property Senior / Maintenance Manager)
- No direct reports
- Exempt/Salaried. Compensation includes base salary and eligibility in Property Operations’ on-site incentive program, if any.
Essential Job Functions:
- Address the cap ex maintenance needs of assigned community(s) to ensure the physical condition of the community and contribute to EP’s annual business goals.
- Responsible in managing all property vendor contracts (costs, scope compliance, etc.) as well as managing any vendors on site day to day for cap ex projects.
- Responsible for identifying any and all property deferred maintenance issues, creating detailed scopes of work, bidding out projects based on the scopes of work, creating a bid level sheets to compare all bids and vendor qualifications to determine a vendor selection for the project … works at all properties across the portfolio.
- Oversee work of external maintenance vendors.
- Implement or direct the implementation of all applicable EP policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- All other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Must maintain professional appearance including adherence to dress code as required.
- Ability to model and demonstrate the behaviors listed on the Maintenance Management Core Competencies.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Experience: 3 - 5 years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Technician III / 2 years of on-the-job experience in the use of refrigerant recovery or recycling equipment.
- Experience: 3 - 5 years handling capital - ex projects
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver presentations on job related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages.
- Ability to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of 8 – 9 feet.
- Ability to frequently operate motorized vehicles such as, but not limited to, a car, truck, van or golf cart.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Certification as a Type I and Type II technician from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved technician certification program (not required)
- Valid Asbestos abatement certification (where applicable)
- Other licenses and certifications as required by Community, state or local jurisdictions.
- Your schedule will be based on the business needs and is subject to change at any time.
- May be asked to perform the work of a Maintenance Technician I / II / III.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.