Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking an Excavation Cost Accountant
This position will work out of our South Plainfield office, South Plainfield, NJ
- Review projects with Land Development manager and assist in establishing project budgets.
- Track actual labor, material and equipment costs and compare back to projections and budget.
- Prepare Job Cost reports comparing actuals to projections and review job status with LDM and VPLD.
- Assist LDM in preparation of cash flow projections and compare actuals to projections for LDM’s and VPLD review.
- Review contracts, change orders, and retainage reduction and release requests. Ensure invoices have correct job and cost codes.
- Review and reconcile subcontracts and subcontractor change orders with Land Development Managers.
- Prepare monthly billing for LDVP review. Include all costs for the month including labor, general conditions, subcontractor invoices, equipment, trucking, materials, etc. Make sure that the current labor rates are being used.
- Assist Land Development Manager with closeout procedures. Ensure that all costs have been received, processed and included in billing.
- Ensure that all purchase orders and subcontract agreements for project work are set up
- Prepare and accurately enter timesheets into payroll.
- Facilitate cost forecasting and budget variance analysis
- Review subcontract invoices with Land Development Manager to verify that work is complete and in compliance with contract documents and company standards. Submit approved invoices to corporate accounting for process.
- Review and reconcile supplier invoices. Submit approved invoices to corporate accounting
- Expense report coding and processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Project Accounting
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, good work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Must have strong interpersonal and influencing skills needed to communicate with the variety of participants involved with a construction project (clients, subcontractors, vendors, project team)
- Possess good time management and organizational skills including the ability to work on several projects simultaneously, meet critical deadlines, and determine the priority of assignments based on deadlines that must be met.
- Posses’ general knowledge of site construction.
- Microsoft Office Suite
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.