Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Land Development Manager
This position will work out of our South Plainfield office but will be required to work at our various Central-South Jersey properties as needed.
The Land Development Manager has the overall responsibility to plan, direct and implement required site improvements necessary for the division to meet/exceed business plan objectives.
This position is recognized as an expert within Land Development and serves as a resource for best practices on projects.
- Overseeing daily land development field operations for multiple projects
- Managing contractors, verifying work completed/monitoring progress
- Leading meetings with governmental agencies/inspectors/HOA’s
- Coordination with utility companies
- Coordination with Excavation Division for self-performed work
- Coordinating land development work with building operations
- Lead project dedication and bond release work
- Office Operations
- Prepare, maintain and execution of project schedules
- Preparation and maintenance of project budgets
- Invoice review
- Bid package preparation, bid solicitation, analysis and negotiation; including recommending contract award.
- Coordination with Engineering and Development Coordinators during Entitlements and approvals.
- Plan review and Value Engineering.
- Estimating, purchasing and management of site improvement materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to collect, sort and analyze data.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels, both internally and externally.
- The ability to identify problems and solve them.
- Relative Technical Knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Construction Drawing Comprehension.
- 8+ years of experience in Land Development Management
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Value Engineering experience
- Ability to improvise, adapt and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to manage Project Superintendents, foreman and direct field operations (Supervisory Experience 2+ years).
- Ability to prepare management level presentations for project status, schedule and financial performance
- Experience managing complex projects and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Ability to lead regular management meetings with cross-functional project teams for multiple projects
- Knowledge of local market for contracting, manpower, pricing and entitlements
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.