Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Senior Tenant Construction Coordinator for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 3 years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in Piscataway, NJ.
- Ensure completion of Landlord and Tenant Work items in accordance with the Lease requirements to ensure critical Lease dates are met. Includes approvals and permits.
- Directly responsible for effectively managing workload to expedite tenant openings.
- Monitor and track the exchange of plans between Landlord and Tenant. Requires monitoring the plans from date received by Landlord through final approval.
- Track and monitor progress of Tenant obtaining permits in a timely manner, communicate any issues delaying the process and assist in resolving the issues. Communicate with municipalities as needed.
- Interface with Tenant, Tenant Contractor and Landlord.
- Review Tenant Contractor’s work to ensure it meets the overall quality of Landlord’s standards and expectations; includes conducting regular inspections and progress of Tenant fit-outs, monitoring Tenant’s contractor; provide any assistance that may be needed to ensure tenant stays on target to open timely.
- Obtain all pertinent documents from Tenant upon completion of their Permit Process and Fit-out; includes copies of permits, certificates of occupancy or continuation, etc.
- Work with Construction, Project Managers, Architects and Commercial Lease Administration to ensure critical Lease dates are met for delivering tenant’s space in accordance to the Lease requirements.
- Coordinate and route Tenant’s signage to ensure it adheres to Landlord’s standards and municipalities ordinances.
- Assist Project Managers on coordinating delivery of the Demised Premises; including obtaining the Tenant’s Certificate of Insurance and ensuring Tenants switch the utilities to their name upon date of possession.
- Assist Property Manager with administering tenant move-ins for “As Is” deliveries.
- Act as the information liaison between the Property Managers and Tenants.
- Inform new tenants on building policies and procedures.
- At least a 2 year college degree
- At least 3 - 5 years Commercial Retail Tenant/Landlord experience
- Commercial Real Estate Landlord side experience and development experience a plus
- Familiarity with Municipality Permitting Process, Approvals and Entitlements a plus
- Ability to navigate and interpret complex Commercial Leases for Landlord and Tenant requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.