South Plainfield, NJExcavationRegular Full-Time
Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Pipe Laborer for our multi-family portfolio of properties
Candidate will work full-time in our satellite office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
- Experience assembling and installing underground utilities including sanitary sewer, drainage, water, etc.
- Operate compaction equipment
- Ability to assist with survey/shooting grade, mark & read survey stakes and cut sheets
- Ability to operate a pipe laser
- Operate various hand tools such as jackhammer, hand-held cut off saw, road saw, hammer drills, pipe fusion equipment, pipeline tapping equipment, pneumatic air tools, mechanical pipe joining equipment, pipeline testing equipment etc.
- Unload tools and equipment, prepare site materials, stack materials, and set up equipment
- Performs physical construction including, but not limited to, digging ditches or trenches, backfilling excavations, and compacting and leveling earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers and rake
- Follow project instructions from Foreman or Supervisor
- Consult with construction plans and specifications, taking measurements and carrying out calculations based on the measurement taken
- Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Knowledge of trench safety requirements
- Ensure regulated and proper PPE such as headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, clothing, etc. as required are worn
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide assistance to subcontractors as directed
- Clean and clear debris
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
- State licensure to work with hazardous materials preferred but not required
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be comfortable climbing ladders, working at elevated levels or in trenches
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- English and Spanish fluency a plus
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site locations
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions hot/cold
- Work in a ditch and trench box while following safety protocols
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.