Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company.
With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation.
Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years.
Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Construction Laborer for our various projects throughout New Jersey.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by management.
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including erecting scaffolding, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials, and digging trenches.
- Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including asphalt and dirt.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
Candidate will be accomplished in the areas of carpentry, general handy-man duties, quality control, and material management.
This position maintains the cleanliness of the construction site and completes minor punch-out items under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Attention to detail and strong follow through; able to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with innovative problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Qualified Candidate will have:
• A minimum of 2 years experience
• Their own transportation, valid driver’s license and tools
• Candidates must pass background/drug test
• Hands-on experience with drywall, paint and light finish carpentry or carpentry punchwork, light framing work, adjust/set windows & doors, repair trim work, spackling, minor siding repairs, painting etc
• Understanding and knowledge of basic plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems
• Customer service experience is a plus as our Technicians will interface with homeowners
• Experience in ground-up, multi-family, mixed-use and tenant fit-outs
• Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Possess strong work ethic and customer service skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Capacity to work well under deadline situations & follow-thru to ensure completion
• A neat and clean image appropriate to the duties, working conditions and safety requirements of the job
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement. Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.