Since its founding in 1992, Edgewood Properties has established itself as a leading real estate development and property management company. With corporate headquarters in New Jersey, the company is on a course of growth leading to activities across the nation. Given ongoing construction and development plans, our current apartment portfolio of 5,000 plus units is expected to double in the next couple of years and rise to over 10,000 units in the next five years. Given our rapid portfolio growth, coupled with ownership's desire to develop and hold rather than sell, the timing is ideal for qualified candidates to come on-board.
We're currently seeking a Property Management Accounts Receivable/ Collections for our multi-family portfolio of properties, with at least 2 years of general accounting experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our corporate office located in Piscataway, NJ.
This position is accountable to ensure accounting records are accurate and collections are maximized on full portfolio of properties. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Follow established procedures for processing checks, cash, & credit card payments
- Analyze resident ledgers for accuracy and suggest and make adjustments as needed
- Non-Sufficient Fund posting and communicating with property sites
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies/customer queries as needed
- Review accounts receivable reports for delinquencies & and prepayments
- Assist with collection efforts
- Post Rents and late fees each month for all properties in portfolio
- Work with site managers to ensure late fee notices and 72 hour notices for eviction are posted on time and follow-up with managers on eviction proceedings
- Track and enforce payment plans and consents
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- Assist with month-end closing
- Collect data and prepare/review weekly & monthly reports
- Ensure that accounting records are current including data transfer between software programs and making journal entries
- Complete bank statement reconciliations and escrow account management
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- BA/BS Preferred
- Knowledge of accounts receivable. accounts payable, bookkeeping & general accounting
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
- OneSite RealPage preferred
- 2-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Property management/Real estate experience preferred.
- Detail oriented and ability to complete tasks accurately with a sense of urgency
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient analytical skills, ability to investigate and problem solve
- Proficient computer skills in accounting software, excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology
- Team Player with a positive attitude and commitment
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancement.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.